A fully illustrated guide to happiness and sustainable wellbeing.
The quest for happiness is universal. In this comprehensive guide to the history, art, science, psychology and attainment of happiness you will find answers to those searching questions and discover how to live a happier life.
The Happiness Bible includes activities, techniques and meditations in each of the following areas to bring you closer to happiness:
- What is happiness?
- Does money buy happiness?
- Happiness throughout history
- Different cultural views of happiness
- The science of happiness & Positive Psychology
- Research findings: much of happiness is under personal control
- Basic ingredients of happiness: housing, food & clothing
- Influence of psychology, character & genetic make-up
- Influence of life circumstances, background & opportunity
- Other important ingredients of happiness: setting and meeting goals, maintaining close social ties, finding purpose beyond oneself, indulging in small pleasures, getting absorbed in challenging activities, taking care of your body, living mindfully, keeping learning new things, finding ways to bounce back, looking for the good, being comfortable with who you are & being part of something bigger.